Get downrightnow status alerts in your Facebook News Feed

In addition to our web site, Twitter account and RSS feed, there’s a new way to stay updated on service outages: the downrightnow Facebook Page.  Just click the Facebook “Like” button below and you’ll get notifications about service disruptions right in your News Feed.

downrightnow Facebook Page

Don’t worry: we won’t bug you with unnecessary updates. You’ll only see an alert when a service we monitor has a Likely Service Disruption or Confirmed Service Disruption.  Updates appear on Facebook at the same time as they’re posted to our Twitter page.

Stay tuned for more news and enhancements, including monitoring for additional web services coming soon!

11 Comments

I am having trouble getting facebook since noon today, 30 Dec 2010. I have tried IE & firefox browsers. All other websites are working fine it it just facebook. The website will not load up. Because I am on a wireless connection and sometimes it drops out I thought that was the problem but it seems that it is not. Is there anyone else with the problem?

Comment by Karen
December 30, 2010 @ 12:10 am EDT

The fb outage seems to be affecting alot of Australian users. Every other aussie I talk to can’t get the site to load. I wish to god they’d at least have the decency to make a media announcement or something and tell their users what on earth is going on.

Comment by Bronny
December 30, 2010 @ 1:39 am EDT

I now have access to Facebook again. Everything at the moment for me is fine. Was unable to get on Facebook for a long time earlier today. It is now 6.50pm Sth AU time, and I have been able to remain on Facebook without issues for at least 55 minutes. I agree with Bronny, it is poor public relations of FB to not make some form of report about such issues to the media or such so the public knows. It happened to me a few days ago, and today is a repeat of same problems.
I’ve not found anything written on Facebooks page about todays problems or those of the other day. Twitter at least keep public up to date and inform them if problems are experienced. I am not a mushroon!!

Comment by Joanne
December 30, 2010 @ 3:26 am EDT

facebook page says down due to site issues? can i have an update?

Comment by Leslie Usrey
February 6, 2011 @ 1:44 pm EDT

Why the hell is it saying that my password has been changed when it hasnt been??? its seems to have happened to everyone of my friends in the last 2 days no one can sign into there accounts… WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH FACEBOOK?????

Comment by kristy
February 15, 2011 @ 6:16 am EDT

I’m glad I found your website. Sometimes I think it might just be me, but this confirms real issues. Thanks.

Comment by Coach Rollie
March 16, 2011 @ 3:41 pm EDT

Well thanks captain obvious. your going to post a message to my facebook letting me know that i cant access facebook. hmmmmmmm

Comment by bob
March 31, 2011 @ 10:22 am EDT

Thank you thank you thank you. At least I know….or can half believe that it’s not my own fault. Facebook lets you report problems, but then sends you a message telling you that it’s not going to answer you. Grrrrrr.

Comment by Imelda
August 2, 2011 @ 12:26 pm EDT

How to crossover from Gmail to Facebook or between Google Plus and Google social network? It seems there is still no way to import your data between these platforms.Is there downrightnow support for Gmail?

Anyway I am finding it hard to load my favorite app on Facebook and the login was giving me problems but I discovered that somebody hacked my account.Facebook warned me about this and they showed me the location of this unauthorized login on Google Maps.It appears the hacker logged into my account from Cape Town.

Comment by Cannot log into Gmail Facebook
January 25, 2012 @ 2:53 am EDT

i am having troubles with opening the facebook page

wen i open the page it says could not find http://www.facebook.com

i tried with other browsers but it is stil the same

pliz help

Comment by tumza
August 26, 2012 @ 9:36 pm EDT

what’s going on with facebook now, when i click to go to the log in page it will not load my other pages like ebay, yahoo, and youtub load just fine.

Comment by Anita Gore
December 14, 2012 @ 11:11 pm EDT

Comments are no longer accepted on this page.

downrightnow monitors the status of your favorite web services, combining user reports and official announcements to tell you when there's service trouble.