Users Report Facebook Trouble Today – September 14, 2009

Many users on downrightnow and Twitter are experiencing difficulty accessing Facebook and slowness loading pages today.  The issues may not be affecting all users, but judging by the volume of reports, this is a widespread disruption.

Twitter Search Results as of 5:00pm ET

Twitter search: facebook down

Facebook Status History as of 5:00pm ET

Facebook has announced that it is aware of a network issue on its developers platform updates page:

Network issues
Sep 14, 2009 12:17pm

We’re currently experiencing network issues which are creating latency on Platform. We’re working on a resolution. We’ll update again in two hours or when the issue is resolved.

Stay tuned to the Facebook status page on downrightnow for the latest updates.  If you are having trouble with Facebook, be sure to file a report to help spread the word!

9 Comments

yeah facebook must be down…my computer cannot even find the url

Comment by kitkatamy
September 28, 2009 @ 1:00 am EDT

I wonder did they forget to pay their address registration… :-)

Comment by Brian Banks
September 29, 2009 @ 11:32 am EDT

All my friends dissapeared and so did some important messages I had saved in my in box.WTF I want my friends back I had 135 and I want all my other stuff.Whats going on.No update or warning at all

Comment by Kim nadine
October 13, 2009 @ 9:33 pm EDT

I haven’t been able to change my status, display my friend list or upload a photo for a couple of weeks now. What gives???

Comment by Disgruntled
November 5, 2009 @ 10:51 pm EDT

why when i try to opened my face book,
“sorry, your profile is not available right now,,, there are some required in your account.

what happened?????

Comment by hesty
June 14, 2010 @ 4:41 am EDT

yep facebook is down, my computer wont even find the url but mobile facebook works

Comment by lenny
August 31, 2010 @ 9:13 am EDT

Not loading at all, but I see a lot of people complaining world wide and a lot of reports from servers being down with fb

Comment by Trinity
November 20, 2010 @ 9:01 am EDT

I can not get into my Facebook account at all. You keep saying someone from Jakarta is using it. I have changed my password as instructed and Facebook will not recognize it but you tell me I was sucessful. So I would appreciate having my Facebook account back please. I do not know what has happened but please see if your smart people can fix it. Thank you in advance……Carol Leonard

Comment by Carol Leonard
March 19, 2011 @ 4:00 pm EDT

Facebook says I must send a legal photo to get my account unfrozen…..How do I do that since I can not find an address to send it to? I have no way of faxing it or scanning it so I need an address to send it to! Please help me get my facebook account back. I live in Texas and I DO NOT LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE. I truely wish these hackers would leave me alone. I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK PLEASE. HELP ME!

Comment by Carol Leonard
August 13, 2011 @ 4:29 pm EDT

Comments are no longer accepted on this page.

downrightnow monitors the status of your favorite web services, combining user reports and official announcements to tell you when there's service trouble.